Anodizing is an electrochemical process that converts aluminium to its oxide. It thickens and toughens the naturally occurring protective oxide. The anodic coating is a part of the metal, but has a porous structure, which allows secondary infusions.The coating thickness and surface characteristics are tightly controlled to meet the end product specifications.
Anodizing is a versatile process to get a variety of colour shades on aluminium and its alloys. Its applications are in architectural products like windows and doors, electric appliances, automotive parts, lighting fixtures, furniture, sporting goods, marine, etc.
The mechanical methods of anodizing vary according to two physical types and shapes of metals used ~ batch anodizing and continuous coil anodizing. Appearance, options and quality are improved through the use of special treatment procedures.
Grauer & Weil is pleased to announce a wide range of anodizing chemicals for various applications. Brief details of various products groups along with their specific features are as follows :
- DEGREASING CHEMICAL
GINBOND NS 35
- Non-caustic, non-silicate based cleaner for aluminium.
- Non-etching type cleaner with higher efficiency.
- ETCHING CHEMICAL
GINBOND E 24
GICTANE E 10/ 11
- Caustic based cleaner for chemical etching.
- Acidic conditioning agent for aluminium to obtain fine micro-roughening.
- PRETREATMENT ADDITIVES
i-FIN AL ANTIPRECIPITATION ADDITIVES
i-FIN AL SMOOTHENING AGENT
- Prevents precipitation in alkaline / acidic etchant.
i-FIN AL ETCH FUME SUPPRESSANT
- Provides smooth & uniform surface while using it in alkaline etchant.
- Creates a compact foam layer during etching to avoid fuming.
- BRIGHTENING ADDITIVE
i-FIN AL CHEMICAL BRIGHTENER
- Additive used to enhance polishing effect to improve basic gloss of substrate.
- ANODIZING ADDITIVE
i-FIN AL FUME SUPPRESSANT
- Used in anodizing bath to create foam layer.
i-FIN AL SILVER
i-FIN AL BRONZE SN
- Silver / natural aluminium colour is obtained.
i-FIN AL GOLD
- Colour varying from bronze to dark bronze to jet-black.
i-FIN AL BLUE
- Shades of gold or light brass.
i-FIN AL RED
- Provides eye-appealing blue coloured shade.
- Coloured coat varying from light red to black.
- COLD SEALING
i-FIN AL COLD SEAL / 35 / 38 / 39 / 39B
- Seal at room temperature by producing a protecting coating.
- HOT SEALING
i-FIN AL HOT SEAL 36 / 37
- Seals a high temperature with high anti smutting & no tonality loss.
- Hot sealing free of nickel and chrome derivatives.
i-FIN AL CHROMATING
i-FIN AL PHOSPHOCHROME
- Yellow conversion chromating process.
- Used primarily for pretreatment of aluminium painting process.
- Green conversion coating for aluminium.
- Decorative & corrosion resistant coating.
- DIP COLOURING PROCESS
i-FIN YELLOW / GREEN / PINK / BROWN / MAGENTA / BLUE / RED / BLACK
- Wide range of dip colouring processes are available.