Aesthetic and corrosion resistance are the most common and preferred term to the zinc plating industries. Lot of efforts are being imposed to improve both these aspects of zinc deposit to improve extended durability to the deposited coatings, in turn offering more value for money to the user's. Growel takes the privilege to launch a joint venture with M/s. Sidasa SA, Spain, major share holder in automotive finishing to introduce a range of post passivation aqueous topcoats to offer 'Total technology solution' to the industry.
Growel's specially designed top-coat 'seals' the pores and cracks which develops either in the basic zinc deposit or in the passivated layer enhancing the corrosion protection to the basic deposited coating. Aqueous post passivation top coats are of two types Reactive top coats ~ react with passivated zinc layers which form an inter-metallic layers providing more durable temper resistant coating, Non-reactive top coats ~ produce a transparent organic layer on passivated zinc deposit which on curing enhances corrosion protection.REACTIVE TOPCOATSZINCASEAL / ZINCOSEALS
- Seals the pores and cracks by precipitation hard silicious polymer.
- Creates no dimensional damage towards the deposit
- Corrosion resistance of processed blue passivated components upto 100 hrs. (as per ASTM B117) is possible.
- Not suitable for black and olive passivated components.
- Wax-emulsion system enhances corrosion resistance.
- Especially designed for fasteners, as it improves significant corrosion protection on threaded areas.
ZINCASEAL 605 / 600
- Unique inorganic resin in silicon binder provides 'non-film' type inert and transparent coating.
- Enhances corrosion protection ~ even upto 250 hrs. resistance towards white rust as per ASTM B 117.
- Specially recommended for blue / iridescent type passivation on zinc and zinc alloys.
- Lubricated versions are available to influence the torque tension value of the deposits.
- Multifunctional organic sealants for all types of passivated zinc & zinc alloys components to enhance corrosion protection.
ZINCASEAL 602 BLACK
NON-REACTIVE TOPCOATSAQUAGUARD 305
- Black pigmented sealers while applied on black passivated zinc & zinc alloys multifolds the corrosion protection.
- Organic polymer significantly improves corrosion resistance.
- Suitably applicable on any type of passivation or any top-coats.
AQUAGUARD 302 / 500
- Chrome free mixed acrylic co-polymer significantly improves corrosion resistance.
- Provides thin transparent protective film to provide ultimate corrosion protection.
- Based on organic polymeric resins with appx. 40% solids and suitable for application virtually on all type of passivation.
- Film becomes quite adherent and hard after being cross-linked through subsequent drying operation (Temperature 40-60oC).
AQUAGUARD 401 / 405
DISCLAIMER: Our recommendations are made in good faith and are based on our skills. However, since the conditions of use of these products are beyond our control, this information is given on the express condition and agreement that Grauer & Weil (India) Limited, will not be liable to any person by reason thereof. Nothing herein shall be deemed to be a recommendation to use any product in violation of any existing patent rights.
- Chrome free mixed ethylene co-polymer significantly improves corrosion resistance.