Ductolite Nickel Plating
The Ductolite Multilayer Nickel Plating Process represents a major step forward to increase the corrosion resistance of multilayer nickel chromium deposits especially suitable to Automobile Components. This process is a combination of the Ductolite Semi-bright and Ductolite Bright Deposit in case of the Duplex system. Simultaneously, there is an intermediate sandwich layer of the Ductolite Tri-Nickel Process in between Ductolite Semi-bright and Bright Nickel layers of a Triplex Nickel deposit.
DUCTOLITE SEMI - BRIGHT NICKEL PROCESS
Coumarin free new generation Semi-bright Nickel process produces ductile, highly leveled, sulphur free semi-bright nickel deposit with columnar structure. Duplex Nickel deposit in conjunction with Ductolite Bright Nickel top-coat offers higher STEP (Simultaneous Thickness and Electrode Potential Measurement) characteristic, (Ref. Fig. 1).FEATURES
- Ideal undercoat for multilayer nickel plating system.
- More noble semi-bright deposit compared to other contemporaries.
- Imparts adequate potential difference between semi-bright and bright nickel deposit to achieve superior corrosion resistance.
- Provides excellent corrosion protection if satisfactory thickness is being applied.
- Produces ductile, low stressed brighter deposit.
- Highly recommended for automatic plating operation.
DUCTOLITE TRI-NICKEL PROCESS
Ductolite Tri-Nickel Process is a specially developed intermediate strike nickel layer between Ductolite Semi-bright and Bright Nickel layers. It employs Watt's Nickel solution along with Ductolite Tri-Nickel Additive. Cathode movement / solution agitation is recommended. This sandwich nickel layer produces more sulphur in the deposit (0.1 - 0.2%) and hence it becomes more active than bright and semi-bright nickel layers. As a result Tri-nickel layer corrodes preferentially when exposed to corrosive atmosphere and proceeds laterally protecting the top and bottom layer, thereby increasing the overall corrosion protection of the system. Higher Activity of Ductolite Tri-Nickel deposit can also be judged during STEP test which shows significant drop in (+) ve potential value (ref. Fig. 2). FEATURES
- Enhance the corrosion protection of Duplex Nickel Deposit.
- Produces extremely ductile deposit.
- Eliminates the rejection due o lamination of bright and semi-bright nickel deposit.
- Offers same corrosion resistance at lower thickness making the system more economical.
- Produces desired potential difference among the layers.
DUCTOLITE BRIGHT NICKEL PROCESS
Ductolite Bright Nickel Process is the latest addition to the Growel Bright Nickel Process. It offers all the demanded properties of a high quality system which includes excellent brightness, leveling and ductility. This system is especially designed to provide a top-coat of multilayer nickel deposit and is highly compatible to Ductolite Tri and Ductolite Semi-bright Nickel Process. Ductolite Bright Nickel process provides active Bright Nickel deposit having excellent ductility and chrome receptivity. As a result the process is suitable for Micro-porous Nickel Chrome, Micro-cracked Nickel-chrome, or Micro-crack Chrome Plating Processes.FEATURES
- Excellent brightness and ductility
- Produces desired potential difference between layers when used for multilayer application.
- Ideal choice for automatic operation.
- Easily accepts conventional, high speed, microcrack chromium deposition.
- Improved corrosion protection.
| DUPLEX FIG. 1 || TRIPLEX FIG. 2 |
DISCLAIMER: Our recommendations are made in good faith and are based on our skills. However, since the conditions of use of these products are beyond our control, this information is given on the express condition and agreement that Grauer & Weil (India) Limited, will not be liable to any person by reason thereof. Nothing herein shall be deemed to be a recommendation to use any product in violation of any existing patent rights.