Tin Cobalt Process
Tin-cobalt alloy plating process is an ideal replacement for chrome plating as it provides excellent 'chrome like' finish on bright nickel plated components. Chromium plate on small barrel plated components till date is not commercially viable. Fully bright lustrous, decorative 'chrome like' finishes on bright nickel plated smaller components through barrel plating operation is the most unique advantage of this process. Growel introduces this innovative technology offering chromeless chrome bright finish ~ a major step forward to replace the usage of carcinogenic hexavalent chrome.
- Pyrophosphate based system.
- Impressive colour tone with excellent ductility.
- Very good adhesion towards bright nickel undercoat.
- Suitable for barrel and vat operation.
- Platable directly even on copper and brass.
- Sulphate based system.
- Provides excellent eye-appealing bluish appearance identical to chromium plate.
- Higher throwing power ~ ideal choice for barrel and vat operation.
- Free from any hazards pertaining to the treatment of its effluent.
OPERATING CONDITIONS :
|pH ||: ||8.5 - 9.5 |
|Temperature ||: ||40 - 55o C |
|Cathodic Current Density ||: ||10 Amp / sq.ft. |
|Barrel Voltage ||: ||3.0 - 10.0 volts |
|Agitation ||: ||Mechanical |
|Anodes ||: ||Graphite / Stainless Steel EN 58B |
PERFORMANCE TEST :
|Hardness ||: ||390 - 410 VPN |
|Tarnish Resistance chrome ||: ||Excellent after passivation |
| || ||(Refer Data Sheet) |
|Cathode Efficiency ||: ||60 - 80 % |
|Alloy Composition ||: ||Sn 75 - 80 % |
| ||: ||Co 25 - 20 % |
Plating Performance at 40o C
DISCLAIMER: Our recommendations are made in good faith and are based on our skills. However, since the conditions of use of these products are beyond our control, this information is given on the express condition and agreement that Grauer & Weil (India) Limited, will not be liable to any person by reason thereof. Nothing herein shall be deemed to be a recommendation to use any product in violation of any existing patent rights.